Mr. Vishal Patil
Qualification - PhD
B. Tech. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
PhD, Organic Chemistry, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
Post Doctoral Research in Materials, University of California Santa Barbara
- Senior Staff Scientist, Ashland Inc: October 2018 –Present
New product development – polyurethane adhesives for Engineering Wood market.
- Application Scientist, Hexion Inc: November 2014- October 2018
- R&D – New product development, pilot plant scale up, product commercialization and end customer application.
- Technical Service – Defend, maintain and grow Hexion’s phenolic resin customers globally and address unmet market needs (direct customer interaction).
- Manufacturing support for troubleshooting and optimization of manufacturing recipes and processes.
- Collaboration across business functions and geographies.
- Intellectual property generation.
- Six Sigma Methods – Design of Experiments (DOE), FMEA and other DMAIC tools.
I was born and brought up in small village Takli PD, Chalisgaon in Jalgaon district.
I developed interest in chemical sciences during my undergraduate degree at Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. Pursued PhD in Chemistry at Georgia Tech focusing on design and development of drug candidates for cancer, malaria and leishmania.
For postdoctoral training at UC Santa Barbara,I worked with Materials Research Laboratory and Dow Chemical company to develop hybrid polymer system through catalysis research.
Currently, working with Ashland Inc to develop new products in polyurethane adhesive area. Prior to that, worked at Hexion Inc pursuing research and applications in phenolic chemistry