Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Louisville
Ph.D. Organic chemist with significant experience in the field of academic research, postdoctoral studies and pharmaceutical industries.
1. Good theory and practical knowledge of Organic Chemistry.
2. Expertise in chiral resolution, racemization, purification techniques such as extraction, distillation, recrystallization and column chromatography.
3. Worked on various organic reactions like Vilsmeier-Haack reaction, Knoevenagel condensation, Friedal-Crafts alkylation and acylation, Suzuki Coupling, Aldol condensation, Knorr Pyrrole synthesis, Grignard reaction, Oxidation, Reduction, Diazotization, Reductive alkylation, Hydrogenation etc.
4. Expertise in multi-step organic synthesis of heterocyclic compounds based on quinoxaline, coumarin, benzoxazole, benzothiazole, benzimidazole, pyrroles, thiazole, pyridine, oxazole, thiophene, imidazole etc from milligram to kilogram scale.
5. Experience in route scouting, route selection, process development, optimization, technology transfer to pilot plant and bulk synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
6. Expertise in literature survey using Sci-Finder, Cross Fire Beilstein, Chemical Abstracts (CA), Patents.
7. Aware about the knowledge and functions of all spectroscopic techniques and instrumentation which are the essential part of research.
Currently working as Research Scientist at Peptides International Inc, Louisville, KY, USA based Biotech company.
Year-2014-2019-Postdoctoral Research Associate- Department of Chemistry, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY-USA.
Year-2012-2013-Postdoctoral Fellow and Lab Director: Department of Chemistry, Hope College, Holland, MI, USA.
Year-2010-2012-Research Scientist, Process Development-Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Year-2005-2010-Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry)-Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai, India
Childhood / Young Days:
Born at village in Maharashtra (Bohra, Tal-Amalner, Dist-Jalgaon) and grew up at village named Galwade, Tal-Chopda, Dist-Jalgaon, Maharashtra.
Father-Chaitram Ratan Patil-Primary Teacher in District Govt. School
Mother-Bebabai Chaitram Patil-Housewife.
Both, my parents are leading influencer in my life beside my siblings. They made me aware about harder lessons in life, taught me to find solutions over difficulties within a range of limited resources in village life. Their dedication, hard work, sacrifice, and trust inspire me every single day.
Primary Education- 1-10th grade- Shri Shivaji Hated High School-Tal-Chopda, Dist-Jalgaon, Maharashtra.
Finished school with 1st ranking in 10th board examination.
College Education-11-12th Sci, B.Sc. (Chemistry)-ASC College, Chopda, Dist-Jalgaon, Maharashtra-
Finished B.Sc. Chemistry with 1st ranking in University final examination.
College Education-M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry)-SSVPS’s Science College Dhule, Maharashtra.
Very competitive and topmost college in the University to get admission depend on B.Sc. results, Finished 4th ranking in University examination.
Beginning of Career:
Started career as Research Officer, R&D, RPG Life Sciences Ltd, API bulk drug company, Navi Mumbai, India. Contributed in the development of novel process for life saving drug Clopidogrel Bisulfate (Plavix), one of top selling drugs in the world market. US patent has approved for this invention.
Desire to invent new organic transformations and their applications in drug manufacturing, inspired me to enroll for Ph.D. through competitive entrance examination at Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai.
Future plan involves contributing in chemical science toward development of life saving drugs.
For Roots- Will be utilizing my experience and learning to guide/inspire next generation and make them ready for career challenges in the chemistry field through the series of online/on-site lectures at schools and colleges.
Depending on my experience and learning my advice is-
Never give up while leading towards your life goal. Accept every difficulty as a new challenge by keeping in mind that there is a light after passing the dark tunnel, see dreams with open eyes and follow it by “passion”.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=eOq-4UIAAAAJ
Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-pravin-c-patil-80741a5/
Major Acheivements & Honors: