Dr. Nanasaheb Thorat
Qualification - Marie Curie Fellow, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland and University of Zurich, Switzerland
Marie Curie Fellow, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland and University of Zurich, Switzerland
Research Scientist at Samsung Biomedical Research Institute South Korea 2014-15,
Irish Research Council Research Fellow 2015-2018.
European Commission Marie Curie Fellow 2018-2022.
Dr. Nanasaheb Thorat is an outstanding Experienced Researcher who has already demonstrated extraordinary ability of independent thinking, leadership, time-management and communication qualities throughout his academic and research career.
Dr. Thorat is a strong team player and his current activity involves a truly international span in terms of researchers. His research is underpinned by the philosophy that “nobody is perfect but a team can try to be”. Hence he has engaged and excelled in bridging nanoscience with cancer therapeutics in internationally reputed groups in Asia, USA and Europe. This, in return, has enabled him to develop as a competent and highly skilled investigator in medicine for cancer and infectious diseases.
Dr. Thorat’s contribution in the area of nano-biotechnology cancer nanotechnology and theranostics have been recognised internationally through invited and keynote lectures in prestigious and exclusive scientific symposia and fora and many awards.
Place of Birth: Mayani, Satara, Maharashtra
Graduated from Shivaji University Kolhapur and PhD from D.Y.Patil University, Kolhapur.
Major Acheivements & Honors:
- Young Scientist Awardee by Lindau Nobel Laureate Foundation in the 67th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting, 25th -30th June 2017 in Lindau, Germany.
- Young Investigator Award (Keynote Speaker) European Materials Research Society (EMRS) in Symposium K, Bioinspired and biointegrated materials as new frontiers nanomaterials, 22nd -26th May 2017, Strasbourg, France.
- Young Investigator Award European Materials Research Society (EMRS) in Biomaterials field. EMRS-Fall Meeting under symposium Bioinspired and Biointegrated Materials as frontiers Nanomaterials 19th-22nd Sept 2016, Warsaw, Poland
- Marie-Curie Seal of Excellence Award by European Commission for the project NANOCARGO Feb-2017.
- Gold Medal for Ph.D. D.Y.Patil University, India, 2014.
- Excellence in Research Award 2013-2014, D. Y. Patil University, Maharashtra, India, 2014
- Young Scientist Travel Award by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India 2012
- Young Scientist Travel Award by Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS), Govt. of India 2012
Read More : https://www.net4mobilityplus.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/N4M_MSCA_Success_stories-PL_IF_N.Thorat.pdf