Mrs. Meghana Vartak
Qualification - BA, MA Marathi & Sanskrit, Diploma in Higher Education, Mumbai University
Maiden Name: Charusheela Dattatraya Patwardhan
Writer for Loksatta and Granthali Publication
- Worked as a lecturer in Marathi in Jai Hind College in Mumbai from 1972-1976
- Regularly writes for Granthali Publication’s Shabd Ruchi Magazine and Chaturanga supplement of Loksatta, Marathi newspaper in Maharashtra
- Editorials for the number of Marathi magazines.
- Granthi Publications Dubai Diwali editions – 2014 /2015 / 2016 (Editor )
- Chitpavan Community – Global Chitpavan Sammelan Smaranika (Editor).
- Started Dubai Maharashtra Mandal’s Diwali magazine edition in 1989.
- Conducted and published interviews like Swarsamradnyi Asha Bhosale ,Air Marshal (Retd.) Bhushan Gokhale,National Award Winner,well known singer Mahesh Kale, Neuroscientist Dr Shubha Tole,recipent of Bhatnagar Puraskar,Professor and Principal Investigator at the TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamantal Research) in Mumbai , Dr Smita Lele Registrar of UDCT ( University Dept of Chemical Technology) and many more .
- Main organizer of Global Chitpavan Sammelan, 2017 in Dubai.
- Main organizer of National Award winning Mahesh Kale’s concert in Dubai in 2019.
- Senior member of Core Team of Garje Marathi – A Platform for global Marathi aficionados.
- Author of over a 100 Marathi poems and articles. Two Poetry collections and three books are under publication.
Meghana Vartak was awarded ‘Women Excellence Award in literature category, by Mrs.Amruta Phadanvis wife of Chief Minister of Maharashtra. The function was organised by SVK Media, under patronage of H.E.Sheikh Awad Bin Mejrin , at Dubai on 8th February 2019
- Wish to sustain activities in supporting the efforts for teaching Marathi to students in Dubai.
- Continue to be aware and involved in the present activities and issues back home in India.
- Identify issues of present generations of Marathi Diaspora and their contributions and challenges.
- Would like to continue to write articles on such subjects and have received an overwhelming response from readers worldwide.
- Continue to make contributions in social, literary and cultural spheres.
- Granddaughter of famous Sanskrit scholar Mr. Krishnaji Waman Chitale recipient of Sahitya Academy Award from Government of Maharashtra and who was nominated for Dnyanpith Award and posthumously a road in Dadar, Mumbai was named after him as K.W. Chitale Path.
- Daughter of Prof. Dr. Dattatraya V. Patwardhan, Principal, Bhavans College, Andheri, Mumbai. Father studied Abhangs by Saint of Tukaram and this fetched him Doctorate from Mumbai University.Recipient of Granthottejak Sabha Pune Puraskar (Established in 1857) ,and Nagar Vachan Mandir Pune Puraskar ( Established in 1900 ) for his book ‘ Tukaramanchya Abhangancha Chikitsatmak Abhyas’
- Mother was an education inspector in Mumbai.
- Married to Mr. Ashok Vartak, an entrepreneur based in Dubai, UAE who has established his own consultancy firm since 1982. Has received several awards as an outstanding achiever in business and engineering domain and contributions to society and development as an NRI.