Mr. DINKAR KHARAT
Qualification - PhD, MBA.
Associate Director, Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), DRDO 1982 – 2012
Director of Armaments, DRDO 2012 – 2017 [DRDO: Defense Research and Development Organization , Government of India]
Associate Dean, Research and Innovation:Maharashtra Institute of Technology – World Peace University (MIT-WPU) 2017 – Present.
As a veteran Research & Development scientist responsible for the execution of several mission-critical and leading-edge projects for Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Government of India, Dr. Dinakr Kharat led several multi-talented teams of scientists and academicians from premier research labs and institutes like Indian Institute of Technology (IITs – Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, and Roorkee), Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, etc.
After retiring from DRDO, he was invited to lead research and innovation for a newly formed university, Maharashtra Institute of Technology – World Peace University (MIT-WPU), Pune and also foster collaboration with several international universities.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok, India
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Physics- Materials Science, University of Pune, India
- Master of Science (MSc) in Physics – Electronics, Dr. Ambedkar Marathwada University, India
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, India
Dr. Dinkar Kharat is an avid researcher
- 120+ research papers published in distinguished national and international journals/seminars/symposia with a seat on numerous advisory boards.
- was awarded one patent relating to the Piezoceramic materials for sensor and energy harvesting applications.
- 10+ collaboration efforts underway with national and international universities for research and innovation as a part of forming the Research and Innovation vertical at MIT-WPU
- Development of the Doctoral program, graduate school, and research policies at MIT-WPU
- Oversaw and managed 100+ projects with a budget of INR 500 Million across weapon technology, international collaborations, and national security to execute DRDO activities
- Recognized Post Graduate Teacher and Research Supervisor by University of Pune (UOP), Defense Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Chennai.
- Associate Dean, Research and Innovation:Maharashtra Institute of Technology – World Peace University (MIT-WPU) 2017 – Present. Based on Dr. Dinkar’s outstanding Defense contributions and academic collaboration, he was invited by the Executive President of MIT-WPU to assist the newly formed university in setting up their graduate school, a doctoral program, and research policies. MIT-WPU offers uniquely defined opportunity-based professional education to the students for deserved success and also to make them contribute to the global sustainable peace for humanity – all at the same time.
- 10+ collaboration efforts with national and international universities for research and innovation as a result of strategic planning of research collaborations with academic & industrial partners Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Government of India 1982 – 2017 A premier R&D organization with 50+ labs works on various areas of military technology for the Govt. of India
- Director of Armaments 2012 – 2017 : Leading the Armament research and development, one of the critical clusters of DRDO comprising of 3000+ researchers spanning across five labs across India. Dr. Dinkar oversaw 100+ projects across weapon technology, international collaborations, and national security with a budget of INR 500 Million
- Allocated capital and managed 120+ projects in joint partnerships with the premier educational institutions of the country like the IITs, IISc, etc.
- Associate Director, Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) 1982 – 2012: After obtaining the Master’s degree and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), the Government of India appointed him as a Research Scientist to Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE). Dr. Dinkar led many research programs and rose through the organization to become an Associate Director of this prestigious lab.
- Established DRDO center of excellence for Piezoceramics and devices and developed technology for the manufacturing of composite materials based systems
- Established composite materials technology leading to product development and technology transfer for production
- Led technology developments with various DRDO labs and academic institutions for several missioncritical and cutting-edge research projects
- Established Joint Advanced Scientific Research Program (JASRP) between DRDO and University of Pune
- Organized several national & international conferences and led delegations for global collaborations, Techno-Managerial project management with implementation of government policies and administered a Central School with 2000 students and 100+ staff members
ACADEMIC & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Recognized Post Graduate Teacher & Research Supervisor by University of Pune (UOP), Defense Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), and IIT Chennai.
- Supervised & advised M.Sc. (Physics), Master in Technology (M.Tech.), and Ph.D. researchers
- Lecturer in Physics at JES College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Jalna, India
- Professional Memberships of Indian Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ISNT), Materials Research Society of India (MRSI), Ultrasonic Society of India (USI), Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI) and High Energy Materials Society of India (HEMSI)
- Board of Studies Member for Electronics Science, Defense Strategic Studies (University of Pune), and High Energy Materials (Defense Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune)
- Member, Research Council for Materials Science, Shriram Institute, Delhi
- Member, various committees of Ministry of Defence, Government of India
- Doctoral Advisory Committee CSIR, Government of India
- Project Review Committee, Ministry of Information Technology, Govt of India
- Expert reviewer – Journal of American Ceramic Society, USA & Journal of Sensors & Actuators, UK
- Invited speaker and chief guests to the Indian Chemical Society, Mumbai, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, PVP Institute of Technology, Sangli, Maharashtra, NK Orchid College of Engineering, Solapur, Maharashtra, Defense Institute Advanced Technology, Pune, College of Engineering, Pune, Symbiosis Institute of Technology, MIT, College of Engineering, Pune