Garje Marathi Mentoring Program
Garje Marathi Global – Mentoring program SOP
Garje Marathi Global’s Mentorship program is for connecting today’s prominent, successful and high achievers Marathi (Mentors) with tomorrow’s prominent successful and high achiever Marathi (Mentees) .
Scope of our program is limited to persons of Marathi descent
Our mentors are our elite members who earned significant achievements in their journey called 'Life', professionally and personally. They are more than happy to help others to select the path and guide to achieve their aims. Garje Marathi Global (GMG) Mentoring program is a unique and carefully designed offering. GMG does not charge any fee to connect you with Mentors and they too are not expected to charge any remuneration for interactions. However, if you decide to work with your mentor on your ideas, projects and need their continued guidance, there could be a commercial arrangement between you and mentor which Garje Marathi Global would never know or will never ask.
- Experts from various professions
- Entrepreneurs and businessmen
- Social Entrepreneurs
Effective mentoring to include “the ability and willingness on part of the mentor to
- value the mentee as a person;
- develop mutual trust and respect;
- maintain confidentiality;
- listen both to what is being said and how it is being said;
- help the mentee solve his or her own problem, rather than give direction;
- Focus on the mentee’s development and resist the urge to produce a clone.”
The Mentee is the student who needs to absorb the mentor’s knowledge and have the ambition and desire to know what to do with this knowledge. As a student, the mentee needs to practice and demonstrate what has been learned.
- Youth from India aspiring to study abroad at post-graduate level
- Post Graduate, Doctoral and Post Doctoral students for selection of stream, subject and also for getting internships, getting research opportunities etc.
- Young entrepreneurs , Founders, Promoters of ‘Startups’
- Individuals wishing to explore opportunities in India to study, Startups, collaborations, social entrepreneurship and community work.
Mentee must show
- Eagerness to learn, admission
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player
- Readiness to take risk
- Positive attitude
- Mentee Enrollment – By application.
- Mentor : By invitation
- Mentoring style: Traditional 1:1 or 1:2.
- GMG will invite experts from various fields to join “Panel of Mentors’. We shall load their short profiles and audio/Video message on the website under ‘Panel of Mentor’
- We shall invite the applications from Mentees and those will be forwarded to related ‘mentor’ for consideration.
- Mentor is expected to devote not more than one hour per month per mentee or group on mentees.
- The mentoring can be done in 1:1 meeting, over phone, Video call or via email. GMG will provide tools for mentoring sessions , arrange conference calls
- The mentee needs to practice and demonstrate what has been learned.
- Mentee will maintain minutes of the mentoring session and record of progress. This will be shared with Mentor and GMG. Nothing will be shared on open media without permission of all three.
For the sake of proper documentation the program is divided into following headings
- Agriculture & Farming , Animals & Pets , Veterinary
- Architecture, Construction & Engineering
- Art & Photography, costume, Creative design, fine arts , Music
- Computers & Technology, IT, Communication, Software, Social networking.
- Economics, Finance & E-commerce
- Entrepreneurship, Start-Ups, Business,
- Medical sciences, Health,
- Personal Development
- Political sciences
- Social entrepreneurship, Charity
- Sports, Physical training, Fitness